Knights of Surrey Moving Checklist
They say that moving house is one of life’s most stressful events, so we’ve put together an easy-to-follow moving checklist to help you plan for the big day…
4 Weeks Before…
* Arrange your mail redirection.
* Inform regular subscription services of your new address.
* Notify utility suppliers of your move.
* Arrange for utility connections at your new home.
3 Weeks Before...
* Consider plants and pets on the moving day.
* Start to run down contents of your freezer.
* Make a sketch plan of your new home to determine the placement of furnishings.
* Transfer insurance cover contents at your new home.
2 Weeks Before...
* Dispose of any flammables such as petrol.
* Rearrange your cable / digital television if appropriate.
* Inform friends and family of your new address.
1 Week Before...
* Rearrange your telephone, TV and internet services.
* Drain fuel from lawnmowers and other garden equipment.
* Pack / empty your loft and / or sheds.
1 Day Before...
* Defrost the freezer
* Take down pictures, mirrors, curtains and blinds.
* Disconnect your cooker, washing machine and dishwasher. Talk to us, as we can help with this.
On The Moving Day...
* Relax and let us do all the work but remember the below;
* Make sure plants are drained of excess water.
* Make sure you have personally taken cash and jewellery with you to your new home.
* Take meter readings at your old and new homes.